Friday, October 24, 2014

Meet Up at Jo-Ann's. New Towne Mall, Nov. 4th from 6-8:30 p.m.



Currently serving as a storage room, but ready in a flash.

Several local people have expressed to me their desire to have a meet-up. They want to meet other quilters, knitters, etc., and desire something without 'strings attached'--pun intended. In other words, they don't want the commitment of formally joining a guild just now, or taking a class. They just want to do their thing in the company of others, trade ideas, and share some time. Friends, let me announce, we have a Meet Up location and date planned. Woo-hoo!



Jo-Ann's has a classroom in the back of the store available for community use. It can be reserved, and used on a first-come basis at no charge. It's perfect! There are outlet strips along the back wall, tables and chairs, great lighting, etc. Best of all, if you forget or need an essential, you can go out in the store and shop for it. We clean up our own space, but are allowed drinks and snacks, if we wish. Children must be 8 years old or older, as stated in the Jo-Ann contract. I would say we can comfortably fit 12-15 people. Mark you calendars, and r.s.v.p. if you wish to join us on November 4th--that's Election Day, so you'll remember. We'll meet from 6-8:30 p.m. at the New Towne Mall Jo-Ann's in New Philadelphia, Ohio. Send r.s.v.p. to juliebehappy1@gmail.com with your contact information. Include your name, number of people coming, and a phone number to use in the case it would be cancelled by Jo-Ann's. 




The girls and I were downstairs by 5:30 this morning working on the limey-greens. Every time I start a new color, I think I like it best. I think by this afternoon I'll be starting a layout. Maybe you can help me decide what to do then.



Here you can see all the colors in context of each other.Even though there are a lot of scattered colors in each mix, they still maintain their overall appearance of limey-green, citrus, grey, and aubergine. I like to stand back with my glasses off, or squint so it gets fuzzy. 




Have a day like no other. 
Use your time wisely, and get to sewing!
Come on, Doxie Girls. 
Breakfast, some laundry, and then let's go sew.


No comments: