Saturday, April 4, 2015

Pet Project Show #14



I can't give a million excuses why I didn't get the 
post up late last night. I sewed all day, cooked 
dinner, and had a glass of wine. I dozed off before 
8 p.m., and once that happened, who knows what I 
would have written! I'm up early, though, and 
ready to party with you this weekend.

Embellished Spring Front


 Cassandra at The Not So Dramatic Life
There are so many aspects to comment on--
graphic background, striped binding, etc. This is 
so well done. I think I am especially drawn 
to the FMQ echoing of her motif, and her use of 
color. Notice the thread color changes 
 made to highlight the outline.

Mary at Strip Quilts, Pass It On: Beautifully
orchestrated with your low-volume and high
contrast prints. I get exasperated when someone
says to me, "Oh, a scrappy quilt." That doesn't
mean it all comes together and just works. There
was a lot of decision making that went into this
piece to balance the colors, the prints, and the 
overall feel. I really enjoy it.



Sarah at  Confessions of a Fabric Addicit: I think I 
could sail away on this quilt. It has such simple
lines, and the background quilting is intense. The 
'sails' just pop. I think I am drawn to the story 
and love in it, too.


Thank you to everyone who linked up in March! 
I sincerely love seeing your projects, and best of all, 
I think I've gotten to know many of you from our 
many email exchanges. That's the real gift!

Now lets' link up your next round of projects!
It's Saturday, and time for the weekly 

Pink Doxies 

Pet Project Show. 

Pet Project Show

Add your link here every Saturday. 

Rules


Do we have to have rules? 


No worries! It's EASY.



1. Use the blue 'Add Your Link' button (below left) 
to upload a picture of something you've created 
in the past week. Any kind of handiwork--
share it now! It can be a work in progress, 
finally finished, or even your fab new fabric. 
Whatever it is that inspired you to create this 
week, we'd like to see it here. 

2. Please link to a specific post, and not just your 
blog address. It makes it easy for anyone following 
your link to find the project.

3. Provide a backlink to Pink Doxies with a link in 
your post, or pick up our Pet Project Show 
button in the sidebar. Copy the code, then 
create a Pet Show widget with 'Add by HTML' 
on your Layout page.

-OR-

1. You can link up to your Instagram. 
Click on the Instagram icon at the bottom 
of the link up screen. The URL of your Instagram 
feed will be your link. 
Please hashtag #pinkdoxiespetproject


Either way you link up, remember it's a party 

here, so schmooze with the crowd! Visit others 
who've linked up. Leave a comment so they 
know what you like about their work. 

Don't miss a post! 
Follow me on Bloglovin' or by email. 

The Linky Party starts now, and runs until 
Monday, April 6th at midnight. 
Spread the word, and tell all your stitchy friends.

*The first Saturday party of each month will 
feature several of the Doxies and my 
favorite link ups.
By linking up, you are giving permission for me 
to post your picture with a link back to your 
blog or Instagram account. 







3 comments:

Debra said...

Sewing, cooking, wine..... Are you at my house???? Lol Thanks for the link up!

Cassandra said...

Thank you so much for showing my floral mini quilt and for hosting this fantastic link up! I really love seeing all of the awesome projects here!

Sarah Craig said...

Thanks for featuring Nathanael's quilt - it's so exciting to see it, especially since we are so close to getting that sweet boy home! Thanks for the linkup!!